Weather

MARYVILLE, MO KE0SBX QTH

Thursday, September 26, 2024

A Life Update as of Fall 2024

 Hi everyone...

So this won't be the usual blog post but I just wanted to update you all about my life, I suppose.

Many of you have been wondering where AllStar Node #61693 is and when it will be up. Unfortunately, that project is on hold for an indefinite amount of time. I can access my node via the internet, but I cannot figure out how to configure the CM108 sound card correctly to interface with the Motorola.

My schooling, as it stands, is far from done. A few months ago, during my summertime internship, I decided to continue my education and pursue my Masters in Applied Computer Science. As a result of this, most of my ham radio adventures will have to take a back seat, the AllStar node included. I have everything all set up, but if anyone knows of an easy-to-install and setup interface for a Raspberry Pi and a Motorola SM50, please let me know. I've been just itching to get it on the air for my community to use.

I am still on course to graduate with my degrees in Music and Computer Science, but as my days as an undergrad wind down, I have become loaded and stressed to the point where many of my weekends are spent far far away from the workbench. My permanent station installation is very close to being finished and I still need to install my antenna/coax system as well as running a new electrical line near my bench. So again, this too is on hold until perhaps Christmas sadly.

Please note that I will continue to update this blog with the ideas and daydreams that run through my head on a daily basis :) . I will admit that it is very hard to focus on my schooling with all of the fun and exciting ideas I have running through my head, but I know that both of my degrees will be worth it in the end. I've come this far so I might as well finish what I started.

I must say that it has been extremely difficult to be away from HF for this long. I missed a lot of days where 10 meters and 6 meters were open, especially when both bands were hot for DX contacts. I have been inactive with the Feld Hell Club and I feel like I have severely lapsed with my Morse Code practice. My poor Yaesu probably hasn't been turned on and activated in at least a year, which makes me really sad. It is my hope soon that perhaps I can take it portable out to one of the sweet spots at Northwest. The only thing I ask of you is your thoughts and prayers as I continue my education as a Bearcat here in Northwest Missouri. I pray that I can get back on the air soon and make more exciting contacts.

That's all from my desk for now.
Sincerely,

Owen Graham, KE0SBX

No comments:

Post a Comment