Weather

MARYVILLE, MO KE0SBX QTH

Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Beware the Dangers of eCommerce

Good morning all, I wanted to post a little cautionary message.

Last evening, I was attempting to purchase an M67741L RF power module for the TK-705 I plan to refurbish. I was notified this morning that the seller had closed the sale and took the product down off of eBay for no reason. As you may have guessed, this product would have come from outside of the US. Luckily, no money was lost, but if I had bought it immediately instead of offering a deal, I would have lost out on $20.

With that being said, as someone who works in IT, it is very important that you buy from reputable companies, particularly in the States or in your home country. Information and even money can be stolen over the internet with ease these days, and it just takes one small error to completely expose your identity. 

Am I saying that eBay is bad? No, but this is just one of those mishaps that has sent me to other vendors, specifically in the US. It may be a bit more expensive, but I can guarantee that I won't have to guess and wonder where the product is coming from.

With that being said, make sure you are buying from reputable people and take caution to avoid vendors that may seem shady or off!

No comments:

Post a Comment