Weather

MARYVILLE, MO KE0SBX QTH

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

2022 Holiday Greetings from KE0SBX

 Hi everyone!

Wow, it's been a year already! It's nice to finally see faces again after almost 2 years. Hopefully, you are staying healthy and keeping ham radio alive and well. At my QTH, it's beginning to look (and especially feel!) like Christmas.

This year has certainly been an interesting year for my ham radio adventures. I feel that I officially have my station set up to the point where I can make full-on contacts. I have already crossed the pond on 15m to Italy successfully and have made dozens of FT8 contacts in and out of the continent. I am experimenting with many different modes including RTTY and Feld Hell, so hopefully, I can carry on a QSO using one of those modes.

It's been a bit since I touched upon the MFJ Cub, and I wanted to update everyone on my progress. Last night I powered it up using the Hammo Can and to my surprise, it generated some background noise! This is significant because I can't recall hearing anything when I initially tested it. Needless to say, it's best to go back over your work. Testing and tuning up is the next thing for me on the docket.

I finished up my college finals on December 11th and have been looking for things to do in between work and daily life. Ham radio seems to always come to mind. There is never a dull moment on the airwaves where I live, and tuning into my new Eton shortwave radio has given me more access to the airwaves than before.

By the way, I have a new YouTube channel up and going! There isn't anything on there yet, but I will definitely be putting things up. I have a few things in mind including my antenna setup and some background on the TS-660. You can find it here at KE0SBX. Stay tuned for some content!

As we go into 2023, I want to wish you all the best in your ham radio experiences and in your daily lives. Keep being amazing human beings and keep exploring what wonderful things the hobby has to offer. My New Year's resolution is to be proficient at Morse Code by the end of the year. I've put it off for far too long and I have too many CW rigs lying around and collecting dust! I'm aiming for 15 wpm, but I'd feel fine at even 10.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! Hope to hear you in the new year!

73s, 88s, and all the best,

- Owen Graham, KE0SBX

No comments:

Post a Comment